The story of a stranded marine turtle that was rescued from a North Island beach but, despite the best efforts of the staff of Auckland Zoo, perished as a direct result of its belly being full of plastic bags and other plastic waste, will have touched many over the past few days. Dan Godoy, of Massey University’s Coastal-Marine, said 30% of stranded turtles had plastic in their stomachs and about half of these died as a result. Similar problems exist for sea birds, and other mammals such as whales.
One of the ways that we can take immediate and positive action to reduce plastic waste is to consider alternatives to the use of plastic containers in common use in our homes. For instance, could shampoo bars replace those shampoo bottles used in most of our homes?
Yes, indeed they could, and here are some reasons why it would be of benefit both to you and the environment.
Solid shampoo bars are:
• Just like our goat milk soap, but are formulated especially for hair
• Made from environmentally friendly natural ingredients and are free from preservatives. This is useful for those with concerns about scalp and skin conditions
• Light and easily portable, with minimal packaging
• Leak proof, so can be carried in back packs or hand luggage on flights
• Economical as each bar lasts a long time so in comparison they are less expensive to use than liquid shampoos.
• Gentle bar cleansers leave hair clean without feeling dry the way many detergent-based shampoos can.
Tips for Using Shampoo Bars:
• Because shampoo bars are made using natural ingredients, make sure you use the product within 6 months of purchase.
• As an alternative to using a hair conditioner, many people use a tablespoon of vinegar in a cup of water when rinsing which helps detangle and condition their hair.
Here are a couple of quotes from people who have tried out our shampoo bars:
“Udderly Pure you’ve done it again, shampoo bars are another great product that I’ve had the privilege of experiencing. My son and I have been using this product for a few months now and he doesn’t want to go back to supermarket/shop bought stuff. So for a teenager to say that it’s got to mean something.
No more stripping the goodness from our hair – Thank you.”
“My review for the shampoo bars - after having to wash my hair everyday for years it has been great to move to every 2nd day. The oil in my hair reduced immensely and left a lovely soft feel to my hair. A highly recommended product.”
Shampoo bars are included in the extensive range of hand-made goat milk products at Udderly Pure. So, if you are a fan of living green, having luscious locks or simplifying travel, you need to give shampoo bars a try.
Tags: environmentally friendly, shampoo, shampoo bars, udderly pure ltd, udderly pure, thehivenz, the hive nz, shop smart, reduce waste, healthy hair, healthy scalp,