It isn’t true that as your baby grows you have to discard, donate or aimlessly store the tiny outfits you love the most. I’m excited to offer you an Insta-worthy alternative: A scrumptious Ultimate Memory Quilt made from all those precious clothes. What could be sweeter?!
These popular first birthday gifts are the perfect way to keep your memories of your tiny baby strong, and to share them with your child as he/she grows. They also make the perfect backdrop for the first birthday party and cake smash!
Say no to storage, upcycle those sweet baby clothes today!
Let me preserve your memories by transforming the cutest parts of your baby’s clothes into an heirloom-quality Memory Quilt. It will be as unique as your child… I create a bespoke design for each and every quilt in order to best show off the darling clothing within my client’s preferred style. Even if someone later requests the same style, it is almost certain they won’t have exactly the same clothes.
I know that like me you want only the best for your child. Rest assured that my home is smoke- and pet-free (if you don’t count the fish), and I’m a perfectionist with more than 20 years of quilting experience to draw on. I refuse to use any chemicals in the creation process, and will be happy to talk the design through with you as much as you want.
It’s so simple to order. Just fill in this form, send me the clothing, then start counting down to the day you’ll receive your happy mail.
Are you comparing this with my Ultimate Memory Quilt listing? It is the same, just tailored for baby clothes.
Choosing the clothes for your quilt should be fun
Simply send me any washed clothing you love and I will make it work. It's that easy! You will receive my address after check-out.
Here are answers to some frequent questions:
- “Can I send you … ?” I have made Baby Clothes Memory Quilts using blankets, bloomers, costumes, curtains, dresses, hats, hoodies, jackets, jeans, leggings, onesies, pyjamas, shirts, shorts, singlets, stretch ‘n’ grows, socks, sweaters, swimwear, tracksuits, trousers, t-shirts, and tutus. Send me anything you love.
- “How many items should I send?” Literally anything you love. I have made Memory Quilts from as little as two items of clothing and as many as 97. If you want more guidance see the table at the bottom of the page, but remember it is just a guideline. I can make anything work.
- “What if I don’t have / send enough clothes?” I will add coordinating cotton fabric.
- “Are your Memory Quilts a standard size?” The bed quilts are. All sizes are in the table below. As with all fabric items shrinkage is possible, so it is important that you follow the care instructions.
- “How do I care for my quilt?” Gentle machine wash (cold) with similar colours, then line dry in shade without delay. Easy. The gentler it is treated the longer it will last.
- “Can I have photos on my quilt?” Yes. Simply add this photo listing to your cart, then email me the photos. https://www.thehivenz.co.nz/Memory-Quilts-New-Zealand/photo-on-fabric
- “Can I add my child’s name?” Yes. Just add the Memory Quilts NZ embroidery (https://www.thehivenz.co.nz/Memory-Quilts-New-Zealand/extra-bespoke-embroidery) or applique (https://www.thehivenz.co.nz/Memory-Quilts-New-Zealand/extra-bold-name-applique) listing to your cart.
- “Can my Memory Quilt be in … style?” Probably. I’ll contact you to discuss the design within 48 hours after you have placed your order, or you are welcome to contact me before ordering. I will also send you a layout to approve before I begin creating your Memory Quilt, to ensure you will LOVE the result.
- “Will my Memory Quilt have a blanket layer in the middle?” Yes. It will also be quilted throughout to keep it in place, unlike annoying duvets.
- “Do I need to supply the other materials?” No, just the clothing.
- “When will it be finished?” All quilts are completed in the sequence that orders are placed. The current turnaround time is on my store page, though I aim to be faster. If you need your quilt by a certain date it is important that you tell me upfront. Do get in touch if you need a rush order, and I will do the best I can to help you.
- “How does the postage work?” Your order includes postage of your quilt to a New Zealand address of your choice (via Pass the Parcel or NZ Post). It does not include you sending the clothes to me, or me sending clothing remnants to you. It is important that you provide a safe address which does not have an authority to leave in place. If you don’t do this Memory Quilts New Zealand and The Hive can not be responsible for the safe delivery of your quilt. If you have an authority to leave please consider whether you have a workplace or family member I can send the quilt to instead.
|SIZE||DIMENSIONS||NUMBER OF ITEMS OF CLOTHING REQUIRED|
|Small Throw||80 x 100 cm||30 +|
|Medium Throw||100 x 120 cm (a generous cot size)||40 +|
|Large Throw||140 x 140 cm||60 +|
|Single Bed||Standard NZ Duvet Cover Size (140 x 210 cm)||70 +|
|King SIngle Bed||Standard NZ Duvet Cover Size (180 x 210 cm)||80 +|
|Queen Bed||Standard NZ Duvet Cover Size (210 x 210 cm)||90 +|
|King Bed||Standard NZ Duvet Cover Size (245 x 210 cm)||100 +|
Baby Clothes Memory Quilt
Seller:Memory Quilts New Zealand
- Product Code: MQSBabyQuilt -RB
- Availability: 5
Tags: memory quilt, baby clothes quilt, keepsake quilt, keepsake, quilt from clothes, baby clothes, heirloom, first birthday, first birthday gift, first birthday present, memory quilts new zealand, quilt, bedroom decor, memory quilts nz, memory quilt nz